Sunday, September 6, 2015

Serendipity



I said, "I wish to see them being carried away by the evening breeze." 

He said,"let's give them to the watchman. He can give them to children to play with." 

We looked at each other, smiled and looked away. 

A day passed. And he was already gone.

This afternoon, when sun moved towards the west, I was standing by my window. The breeze caressed my face. I looked at the balloons. They were loafing all around in the room. I picked them up, switched my camera on and slowly, one by one, dropped them out of the window. When I was done with all the balloons, I switched the camera off. Just when I was about to turn away, I saw a little girl, on the other side of the fence, holding one of the red balloons. And a minute later, I saw a young boy came running with another. He had already tied a rope to play with it.

I smiled.

In this moment, our individual wishes had become a shared reality. Sometimes, our wishes do not necessarily have to be mutually exclusive. It doesn't have to be a choice between this or that. Sometimes, just sometimes, serendipity plays its part, and what we have is, this and that.



No comments: