Sunday, April 9, 2017

Day 5 - Grateful, I am.

For early morning cuddles
and you-are-home kisses,
for the home we have built,
and the garden we have grown.
For the green and the black 
and the milk-based teas,
be it with the lemon grass, 
mint or without anything.

For the Moonlight, 
be it movie or the night,
for 'omelette in the fridge' 
and hands held till I sleep,
for the walk in the garden,
and the AC and the trimmer,
for the subbing in my class,
and the breakfast and the dinner.

For last night's conversation,
and your embrace when I cried,
for the care with which 
you hold me every time,
for the drops and the call
as and when we go away,
for challenging my worldview
and adding many perspectives new,

Oh, my love! Grateful, I am
for moments such as these 
and a thousand many more,
for this life with you,
that I so dearly adore!

- Based on the gratitude notes my partner and I share and post in a part of our home for each other.

#Day05 #The100DayProject #100DaysOfProseToPoetry #Gratitude #Grateful

No comments: